CALHOUN CONNECTS HELPS PEOPLE FIND YOUR EVENT
LIST YOUR CALHOUN COUNTY EVENT FOR FREE
COMMUNITY CALENDAR ELIGIBILITY
The Calhoun Connects community calendar is a place to share events of general interest to the community. Calhoun Connects does not allow religious or political advocacy events. For-profit and commercial events such as real estate open houses, business sales, etc. may not be posted to the free Community Events Calendar.
Events on the calendar(s) must:
- be open to the public
- clearly state all fees associated with participation
- specify event audience if restrictions are placed on who may participate (for example, 21+ years of age)
- have a point of contact and a phone number or email that is monitored by event sponsors daily
- provide clear instructions about obtaining tickets, if they are required to participate
Failure to meet the above requirements will result in delisting of the event until requirements are met.
Calhoun Connects may, at its sole discretion, edit, delete, or reject any event not deemed eligible (please note: the calendar is not a public forum).
If you believe there is a safety or privacy concern occurring on Calhoun Connects, or believe that a posted event is ineligible according to the guidelines above, please contact us.
Fundraising listings should be limited to causes that are explicitly relevant to Calhoun County. Do not use Calhoun Connects to promote fundraisers for non-local causes or for organizations that do not serve Calhoun County. We recommend that local fundraising events with a specific day and time be posted in the Community Calendar also. Where possible, include links to online payment portals such as GoFundMe pages to facilitate donations. All listings must provide a specific contact person as well as a phone number or email.
- School fundraisers
- Scouts organizations
- Youth sports and recreation organizations
- Local pet shelters/animal welfare organizations
- Local arts, education, and community service organizations
- Local food banks, charity walk/run, etc.
- Local nature and environmental organizations
- Local disaster relief or emergency assistance for Calhoun County residents
- Church and religious organizations
- Requesting donations for non-local causes
- Requesting donations for one’s own personal expenses or business needs, or for members of one’s household
- Requesting donations for political candidates or parties