GENERAL INTEREST ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR RESIDENTS OF CALHOUN COUNTY
Announcements are a great way to bring the community together in a safe, positive, informed, and supportive environment. Announcements should be of general interest to all residents in Calhoun County and may be shared with subscribers of the Calhoun Connects newsletter, Facebook page, and community text alerts.
These could include:
- Changes to operating hours of trash sites and service
- Disrupted, changed, and new county or town services
- Festival information
- Employment and volunteer opportunities
- Events open to all members of the public (these should be posted on both the announcements page and on the community calendar)
Types of announcements that will not be posted include:
- Commercial announcements that benefit an individual business, such as a local sale
- Direct requests for gifts for charitable purposes, though fundraisers may be submitted on the community calendar so long as they meet the requirements for event submission
- Announcements lacking contact and phone number for more information.
- Announcements about events that are not open to the public
- Political endorsements or statements for or against a party, individual, issue, etc.
- Announcements received less than two weeks in advance of the requested posting date may not be accepted
Calhoun Connects may, at its sole discretion, edit, delete, or reject any message not deemed appropriate (please note: the announcements page is not a public forum). Calhoun Connects is under no obligation to notify the organization if their submitted announcement is denied. At any time, the County, in times of emergency or other situations, may override community announcements to utilize the announcements page for purposes of providing emergency or other immediate communications to its residents.
Submission of a community announcement does not guarantee a specific schedule of posting. For best results, submit your announcement at least 3 weeks in advance. If you have any questions or comments please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 803-655-4166.