Calhoun Gives Info Session
Did you know…? Nonprofits in Calhoun County can double the gifts of supporters by participating in Calhoun Gives? Calhoun Gives is a local event that supports Central Carolina Community Foundation’s Midlands
Did you know…?
Nonprofits in Calhoun County can double the gifts of supporters by participating in Calhoun Gives?
Calhoun Gives is a local event that supports Central Carolina Community Foundation’s Midlands Gives Day.
Midlands Gives Day is on Tuesday, May 3, 2023.
Registration in Calhoun Gives is free.
How does it work…?
1. Industries, businesses, and individuals across South Carolina make challenge grants to Central Carolina Community Foundation to stimulate local giving. Businesses and individuals can earmark a challenge gift to support a specific non-profit also.
2. Non-profit organizations register to participate starting in December 2022.
3. Supporters of non-profits make their donation on Midlands Gives Day to the organizations they want to support by using the Midlands Gives online form and a credit card. Supporters don’t have to come to a Calhoun Gives reception to donate, but they can if they want to enjoy some good food, beverages, and company.
4. The Library works with the Central Carolina Community Foundation and other donors to solicit challenge funds. Challenge grant funds can turn a $25 donation into $50 for the non-profit chosen by the donor.
5. The Central Carolina Community Foundation also awards prizes to non-profits throughout the day. (One of our non-profits last year was awarded an additional $1,000!)
6. Central Carolina Community Foundation provides documentation to donors for tax purposes.
If you work with a charitable organization committed to creating a better Calhoun County, please consider participating in Calhoun Gives!
For more info
Attend a Calhoun Gives information session
Wednesday, Dec. 14 at 2:30 pm at the Library.
(Wednesday) 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm