Calhoun Connects is a collaborative information resource created by the Calhoun County Library in order to promote a connected, engaged, and successful Calhoun County.
Calhoun Connects ensures that both current and future residents have access to information necessary for a high quality of life, as well as contributing to the ongoing success of the county by improving information-seeking habits.
We want to help you let people know what's going on across the county and how we all can support the businesses and organizations that make Calhoun County a great place to live, work, shop, and worship. We do this by providing access to free, reliable, up-to-date, unbiased information for Calhoun County community members and organizations, available anytime and anywhere.
Our primary areas of focus are:
- Awareness: Calhoun Connects develops and improves information access systems throughout the county
- Collaboration: Calhoun Connects builds and leverages partnerships to create long-term community success
- Access: Calhoun Connects provides free,reliable information on-demand
Calhoun Connects is the result of input provided by residents, community organizations, county and municipal government officials, and business owners in our county during six strategic planning sessions. There were several important needs that were identified through these sessions and which Calhoun Connects works to address:
- Residents and organizations want an efficient way to access and share community information.
- Residents want to see better engagement with local community organizations and businesses.
- Residents see quality of life amenities as essential to a vibrant future, yet perception of our quality of life is dependent on access to information.
- Residents want to see greater pride and involvement in the community.
Calhoun Connects is a community-directed effort and an information resource to help you plug in, know what's going on, connect with others, and learn about the many things that make our County such a great place. Although it provides access to information and better connectivity to help Calhoun County grow, It is not a Chamber of Commerce, a platform for political advocacy, or a public forum.